Welcome back Green Beauty Babes! In a previous post I shared ideas on what to avoid or limit, but this week's post is a lot more fun to implement. This week's post focuses on what we can add or increase to our diet to create healthy & radiant skin using a truly integrative approach. While topical products help, looking at the health of your skin from the inside out can really help you achieve beautiful & luminous skin for good. Not only that, you will find an improvement in your overall health and wellbeing – increased energy and vitality felt from the inside out!
Which foods to increase:
- Ginger: One of the most inexpensive and effective ways to decrease inflammation, eliminate toxins from the body and supercharge it with antioxidants is with this superfood. Simple ways to add ginger to your diet include juicing it or simply drinking ginger tea.
- Turmeric root: This superfood is also excellent for reducing inflammation while helping the body eliminate toxins effectively. Simple ways to add this powerhouse to your diet include adding the spice form to your meals whenever possible. It tastes great sprinkled on eggs as well as soups and various rice dishes.
- Aloe Vera: This superfood is excellent to apply topically as it is full of anti-inflammatory properties that help sooth dry, flaky or burned skin but is also very healthful when taken internally due to high content of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes. The Facial Toning Elixir contains premium grade aloe vera, which makes it unique to other natural toners on the market.
- Burdock Root: Can be purchased as a whole food or in a tincture form. This lovely root is excellent for skin health as it can treat abscesses, acne, psoriasis and eczema. It also increases circulation to the skin, helping to detoxify the tissues.
- Coconut Oil: This miracle oil is excellent to apply topically as it is full of anti-aging, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties but is also very healthful when taken internally. Easy ways to incorporate this oil into your diet include adding a 1/2 tsp into your morning coffee, using it as your primary cooking oil and also substituting in recipes for butter or fat.
- Cacao: Super high in zinc which is one of the most important essential minerals you can give your skin. Insufficient zinc leads to tired and drab looking skin, while adequate zinc ensures optimal wound healing, protection against UV radiation & a reduction in acne.
Hope some of this information helps and if you are curious to explore more non-toxic and healthy facial products, please click here to see BODYCHERISH's Facial Ritual Line